Instagantt & Asana
Instagantt is a web app that creates Gantt charts to help you visually plan projects and schedule tasks with your team. You can create start dates, set a progress percentage, and link tasks.
- Create an account at Instagantt
- Sign up with your email address or through Asana using Asana Connect
- Select which of your My Tasks lists and projects in any of your Workspaces or Organizations you’d like to sync with Instagantt
You can create a group of up to 10 projects from different Workspaces and Organizations. Within a group, you can order tasks by project and by section within those projects.
Remove projects from Instagantt
You can remove any synced projects from Asana if you no longer want them to appear in Instangatt.
To unsync a project or My Tasks:
- Click the plus sign at the top of the sidebar to reveal the connect projects window
- Locate the project you wish to unsync and click the red Disconnect button
The projects you’ve synced will be sorted by Workspace and Organization in Instagantt’s sidebar. They will be in the same order as they are in Asana. You can reorder them in Instagantt, but this won’t change the order in Asana.
To view a project in Instagantt, start by selecting one of your projects from the sidebar in Instagantt. You will then see your project in Instagantt’s main pane.
Project colors you’ve set in Asana will reflect in Instagantt
Due Dates and Colors
Tasks will displaying in Instagantt in 3 colors:
- Green - tasks that have been completed on time
- Blue - tasks on track to be completed on time
- Red - overdue tasks that are incomplete
If tasks don’t have a due date they won’t show up in the chart, but you can easily add them by clicking wherever you’d like their bar to begin.
Mark tasks complete from Instagantt
You can mark tasks complete directly from Instagantt and they will be marked complete in your project in Asana.
To mark a task complete:
- From Instagantt, check any desired tasks complete
- Click on the checkbox icon at the top
- Select Mark as completed
The tasks that you checked will be marked as complete in your project in Asana.
Create Tasks from Instagantt
You can create tasks directly from Instagantt and they will appear in your project in Asana.
To create a task in Instagantt, click the + sign at the top of the screen. Instagantt’s app will allow you to set the task name and assignee.
Once you click Save, the task will appear in both Instagantt and your project in Asana.
Task Details in Instagantt
You can view and edit a task’s details directly from Instagantt.
To view or edit a task’s details, select a task and it will open up the task’s details. Any details you change in Instagantt will reflect in Asana.
Instagantt allows you to:
- Open the task in Asana
- Change or view the task’s assignee
- Change or view the due date
- Add or delete tags to the task
- Change the task’s progress percentage
- Add or create subtasks
- Edit the task description
Beyond the Basics
You can link tasks together to show one task’s dependency on another.
To create a dependency:
- Hover over the task
- Click and hold the circle that appears
- Drag your mouse to the end of the task it is dependent on
To remove a dependency:
- Click the task
- Select Unlink from…
If the task has multiple dependencies, you can either unlink one dependency or all dependencies
Task Start and Due Dates
Since Asana doesn’t have start dates, any tasks which already have a due date will start and end on the same day. You can click and drag a task in Instagantt to change the start date and due date of any task.
Drag the task to the left to change the start date or drag the task to the right to change the due date.
You can access the filter options from the sidebar, right underneath the project’s name.
Show or Hide Completed Tasks
You can show all tasks or hide completed tasks in Instagantt.
To change what tasks are displayed on your project in Instagantt:
- Click the gear icon at the top of the project list
- Select **Show completed tasks since…***
- Select what tasks you want to display
Export Instagantt Charts
If you want to print or include the Instagantt chart in a presentation, you can export it as an image
- Click the photo icon at the top of the page
- Select Export as image
- In the next window, select Generate a new image
Resync with Asana
If changes were made in Asana and want them to reflect in Instagantt, click the project’s name in the sidebar to resync the projects.
Still need help? Contact Instagntt by clicking Feedback and Support in the top right corner of Instagantt.