Tasks on Android
- Skip Ahead to
- Create a Task
- Edit a Task
- Appreciation Stickers
- Recurring tasks
- Adding a start date or due time
- Drag and drop
- Swipe options
Create a task
To create a task:
The task will then appear in your My Task list view once you tap Create.
By default the task you create will be Private to you. Upon creating your task, privacy indicators will be visible, indicating if the task is Private or Public.
The fields when creating a task are context sensitive. If you tap the Quick Add button from:
- Your My Tasks - the assigneeassigneeThe person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask.Read more will automatically populate as you
- Another Member's My Tasks - the assignee will automatically populate as that person
- A project - the project affiliation will automatically populate to that project
You can still change a task's assignee or project even if either of those fields are already populated.
It is also possible to create a task in Asana via the Share menu in other apps on your Android device.
View or edit a task's deails
Task editing lets you include all of the necessary information needed within your tasks such as Task Custom Fields, Description, Projects, Subtasks and Attachments. Having all relevant information within your tasks allows you to trust that everything is in the right place.
From the task edit details screen you can:
- Mark a task as complete, like a task or forward a task
- Tap the three dot icon to see more options
- Add a task title
- Edit the Assignee or Due Date
- Add Custom fieldsto your task
- Add a task description
- Add your task to specific Project
- Create Subtasks within your task
- Add an image, attachment, appreciation or link
- Add Collaborators to your task
From the more options screen, you can:
Custom fields allow you to add additional data to tasks. They can be used to track stage, priority, cost or anything relevant and important to the workflow of your task and its assignees.
Add a description to your task to describe, direct or lend further context and clarity to the goals of your task. You are given the option to either Cancel or Save your task description.
Projects allow for you to organize all of the tasks related to a specific initiative or goal. To add a task to a project, click on +Projects symbol and select the project/projects you would like for your task to be added to.
Subtasks can assist with the tracking and monitoring of tasks within tasks by outlining who is responsible for what and the date by which they are to be completed.
Within subtasks you can assign:
- Subtask name
- Subtask due date
By clicking on the + sign below Attachments, you can easily incorporate documents and photos into your task.
Here, you will have the option to add:
- Photos from your photo gallery
- Pictures that you have taken on your mobile and wish to add to your task.
When you tap and hold a task comment, you can:
- Pin a comment to the top
- Copy the comment
- Edit the comment
- Delete the comment
Appreciation stickers are a way to empower users to collaborate on tasks. They're animated and illustrated characterizations that users can add via the Appreciations icon picker. These stickers are a great way to give recognition and kudos to teammates and collaborators on anything from milestones to completed tasks and status updates.
- You can access Appreciation stickers through comment section of any task, status update etc. by clicking on the Appreciations icon picker
- The stickers will then appear in line with other comments, updates or questions
To create a recurring task, tap the Due Date field at the top of your screen.
From the next screen:
- Tap Options
- Select Set to Repeat
- Choose the frequency for how often the task repeats
- Click the drop-down arrow to select Never, Daily, Periodically, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly.
A recurring task will only duplicate itself for the next time it is set to be due after it has been marked complete.
Adding a start date or due time
Add a start date to your tasks so you know when to start your work, how long it should take, and never miss another due date.
To add a start date:
- Tap Options
- Then, tap Add Start Date
Enter the day you need to start working on your task as your start date. Then enter the date you need to complete your task by as your due date.
You can add a due time to your task at any time.
To add a due time:
- Tap Options
- Then, tap Add Due time
Add a time for your task.
Drag and drop
Tap and hold tasks to drag and drop them to manually order your tasks.
Drag and Drop is only possible when the list is sorted by priority.
Swipe a task left to mark it complete. Swipe a task right to pick an assignee, due date, or to delete it.
If you have the Celebrations Hack enabled, you may see a narwhal jet triumphantly across your screen after completing a task.