Using Search on Android
Use Search to find tasks, projects, teams, messages, tags, Portfolios, Goals, or people in your Workspace or Organization.
To access Search tap on the Search icon from your Home screen.
Start typing to look for tasks, projects, teams, messages, tags, Portfolios, Goals, or people in your Workspace or Organization.
You can also use your Google search bar to find search results from Asana
When searching, the results will display:
- teamsteamsA team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects.Read more - select a team to view projects and members within it
- projectsprojectsProjects are lists of tasks.Read more - select a project to view its corresponding list of tasks
- taskstasksTasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information.Read more - select a task to view its details
- Messages - select a Message to view its details
- tagstagsUse tags to mark tasks or group together similar tasks.Read more - select a tag to view its corresponding list of tasks
- People - select a person to view their My Tasks
Advanced Search filters help you quickly find the specific project, task, message, team (or more!) that you’re looking for, so you can stay focused on the most important work. These filters enable you to add additional guardrails to your search to narrow the results, such as tasks, projects, people, teams, tags, and messages. You also have access to ‘quick filters’ or ‘shortcuts’ that apply filters to your search automatically.
After you type in a search term, apply one of the advanced filters to narrow the results. Then, if desired, select additional filters to narrow the results even further. In this example the user has chosen to search ‘marketing’ and apply a filter to search only tasks.
Then, they apply an ‘in project’ filter to search only within the ‘Fall ‘21 Marketing Creative’ project.