- Skip Ahead to
- Signing up
- Logging In
- Logging out of Asana
- Push Notifications
- Managing your push notifications
- Accessing Asana offline
- Shortcut Actions
Asana for Android lets you work on your tasks and stay connected with your teammates.
You can access your My Tasks, Projects, Conversations, Inbox, Quick Add, and Search from your Android device. The web and Android apps update in real-time, so your tasks and conversations sync automatically no matter what device you’re using.
Download Asana for Android from the Google Play Store. Once you've got the app, check out our Quick Start Guide for Android.
Asana's Android app is compatible with Android version 7.1 and later.
When you first open the app, you can:
- Sign Up for a new account
- Log In to your existing account
Sign up for an account
If you are using Asana for the very first time, you can sign up for an account from the Android app.
From the sign up page, you can:
- Sign up using any Google account that you're logged in as on your Android device
- Sign up using your email address
Once you've verified your account, you can log in from either the Android app or on your desktop using one of our supported browsers.
Log in to your account
If you already have an account, you can log into your account on the Android app exactly like you would on desktop.
From the login page, tap Enter with Google to login using Google SSO or tap Log In to login using your password or via SAML.
Login via SAML
If you are a Member of an Enterprise Organization with SAML enabled, you can login by tapping Log In and only entering your email address while leaving the password field empty. This will redirect you to your company's IDP login page or app.
Enter with Google
Tap Enter with Google to login via Google SSO. You can login using any Google account associated to your Android device.
When you first log into your account, you will be taken to your My TasksMy TasksAll tasks assigned to an individual can be found in their My Tasks list.Read more list. To learn more about navigating your My Tasks and other task lists, go to this article.
From your My Tasks screen, you can:
To acccess your Homepage, tap the Home icon on your screen.
From your Homepage, you can:
- Toggle between your Projects and Portfolios
- Navigate to your Favorites, Recents or All projects
- Switch between List or Board view
- Create a new project
View your profile
To view your profile, tap the View profile prompt from your Account screen.
From the View profile screen, you can:
- Edit your profile
- Show yourself as away
- View tasks assigned to you or tasks you’ve created
Editing your profile
To edit your profile, tap on the pencil icon from your View profile screen.
From the Edit User Profile screen, you can:
- Upload/change your profile photo
- Edit your profile name
- Indicate whether you are on vacation or not
- Change your current role
- Change your current department
- Edit your About you section
Logging out of Asana
To log out of Asana, first click on the Account tab from your dashboard. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Log out.
If you have notifications for your Android device turned on, you will receive push notifications for the following stories:
- A task has been assigned to you
- A task you've been assigned and/or collaborating on has a comment posted
- A task you've been collaborating on is marked as complete
- A task you've been assigned is due (sent around midnight on the day of the task's due date)
- A Conversation or status update is posted in a Team or Workspace that you belong to
- An attachment has been added to work you're collaborating on
When you select the Asana icon from the top of your phone to see your notifications, you will find them batched. Pinch and expand to see more info, or tap through to your Asana Inbox.
By default, push notifications are turned on.
Managing your push notifications
To access your push notification controls, tap on the Push icon from your account tab.
From the next screen, you can toggle on and off the selected push notifications.
You can access your notifications settings at any time from your Account tab.
From the notifications tab, you can choose to:
- Edit or adjust your Do Not Disturb settings
- Manage your notifications
From the Manage notifications screen, you can choose to:
- Allow or disallow notifications
- Enable or disable Gentle notifications
- Toggle Banners on or off
- Adjust Lock screen notifications
- Edit your sound settings
- Turn Vibration on or off
- Allow or disallow interruptions
To turn push notifications off navigate to Notifications Settings or your Application Manager.
Accessing Asana offline
You can use Asana for Android offline to check your notifications, comment on tasks and conversations, change due dates or assignees, and complete tasks on the go.
Use Asana offline to:
- Create taskstasksTasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information.Read more, conversationsconversationsConversations are how users communicate in Asana. Start a conversation on any project or team page.Read more, or projectsprojectsProjects are lists of tasks.Read more
- assignassignThe person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask.Read more tasks
- Set due datesdue datesThe date that a task or subtask is due.Read more
- Add or remove followersfollowersAdd followers to any task and they will receive notifications about updates to the task.Read more
- Add or remove tagstagsUse tags to mark tasks or group together similar tasks.Read more
- Add or remove tasks from projects
- completecompleteTo mark a task with a checkmark to indicate that it is done.Read more tasks
- Delete tasks
- heartheartAdding a heart is an easy way to express enthusiasm for a task, offer agreement to a comment, or express gratitude for a task completion.Read more tasks, conversations, or notifications
- Add or delete comments
- Invite teammates
- Archive or unarchive stories in your InboxInboxMy Inbox displays activity on tasks, projects, or conversations a user follows.Read more
When you create a task or comment offline, a light grey cloud icon will appear next to those which have not been synced, which means they are currently only visible to you. When you are online these changes will sync and your entire team will be able to see the updated tasks, projects, and conversations.
You can also quickly add a task offline. An Add a task… prompt will appear at the top of any list in the app. Add a task, tap your device’s enter button, then start typing your next task.
A tally at the bottom of the app counts the actions you’ve performed offline. When you're online again, the pending number will count down until all your updates are live in Asana and the grey cloud icons will disappear.
Tasks and conversations within a project that have never been opened on your app before will not be visible offline, but you can add tasks to these projects while offline.
Tap and hold the Asana app icon in order to create a new task, access your Inbox or open search directly from your home screen.
These shortcut actions are only available on Android devices with the OS version 7.1 or later.