Check and manage notifications with Inbox
What is Inbox?
The more work you and your team create, discuss, and achieve in Asana, the more you’ll rely on notifications to keep track of progress and actionable work. You can take action and comment on notifications right from your Inbox and on your mobile device.
When you have new notifications, you’ll see an orange dot next to Inbox in the sidebar.
How is Asana’s Inbox different than email?
Unlike email, Asana’s Inbox only serves you relevant notifications based on the work you do and follow. All the context for your work is easily accessible from the notification so you can take action—instead of searching for that attachment from 10 emails ago.
At Asana, we don’t use email internally at all and we hope to help our customers reduce or eliminate email too. But for the emails you still get, try these tips to keep them actionable and organized with Asana.
Watch an Inbox tutorial
Tips for using Inbox and managing notifications
- Try our mobile app to manage and monitor notifications when you’re between meetings, away from your desk, or starting or ending your day.
- You can start off receiving emails from Asana to get updates about new activity. But when you’re in the habit of using Inbox directly in Asana, you can turn these emails off from My Profile Settings.
- To remove a notification from your inbox, click the X (or “Archive” from mobile.) Once archived, all notifications stay in the archive, so you can find them again.
- Don’t feel like you need to hold on to old notifications, as all your work is organized and searchable in Asana.
- Follow or unfollow tasks and conversations to start or stop receiving Inbox notifications.
- Inbox notifications generate automatically as you complete and take action on your tasks, so you don’t have to check in as often to make sure teammates “got that attachment” or to ask if they’ve finished work you’re waiting on.
- Create a follow-up task from any Inbox notification by clicking the Create follow-up task button.