All Asana features
- Skip Ahead to
- Work, project, and task management
- Team management
- Top integrations
This is a comprehensive list of Asana features across all tiers to help you understand what Asana can do, with links to more resources that teach you when and how to use them.
Work, project, and task management
- Projects—Organize your work into shared projects as lists or kanban boards for your initiatives, meetings, and programs.
- Tasks—Break work into manageable pieces for you and your team.
- Subtasks—Break up a task into smaller parts, or show additional steps to complete an overall task.
- Task assignees—Give tasks a clear owner, so everyone knows who’s responsible.
- Sections and columns—Group tasks into sections or columns in a list or board project (respectively) to keep tasks organized, or match your workflow stages.
- Custom fields—Create drop-down, number, or text custom fields in projects and Portfolios to capture information uniformly, track the status, and to sort and filter information (like spreadsheet columns.) You can also get notifications when custom fields are changed.*
- Forms—Capture the right details every time for any project brief, requests, and more. Forms are directly connected to projects, so you can track submissions all in one place.*
- Due dates—Due dates ensure every task gets completed on time. You can view tasks on an Asana calendar, or even your work calendar.
- Due times—Specify the time something is due so you don’t miss a deadline, and everyone will know when you need it by—no matter their time zone.
- Start dates—Start dates show when you should begin your work to hit your deadlines without the last-minute scramble.*
- Timeline—A Gantt-style view of task and project deadlines to help you better plan, see schedules, and hit deadlines.*,†
- Attachments—Add files from your computer, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Box to any task or conversation.
- Likes—Acknowledge a task or comment, say thanks, give a thumbs up, or vote for a task with a like.
- Tasks in multiple projects—Keep the same task in multiple projects to show work in different contexts without duplicating efforts.
- Dependencies—Task dependencies make it clear which tasks are ready to start, and which tasks are waiting on others.*
- Rules—Create rules to automate manual processes like triaging, assigning tasks, updating Asana fields, and more.*,†
- Templates—All types of teams can get started quickly with templates and reuse them every time they run a project. You can also save your own projects as a template to make sure you never miss a step.*
- Comment-only projects—Prevent accidental changes to your projects or templates by allowing certain project members to make only task comments, while still giving them access to information in the project.*
- Approvals—Request and give approvals on work in Asana.
- Task comments—Comment directly on a task, to clarify exactly what needs to be done, and mention teammates or other work in Asana so everyone and everything stay connected.
- Proofing—Give clear feedback by leaving comments directly on images or PDFs that turn into tasks for easy tracking.†
- Image proofing—Leave specific feedback directly on images so creatives know what needs to be done in order to complete their work.†
- Project conversations—Discuss a project’s progress to keep the momentum going.
- Team pages—See all of your team’s projects in one place, have a space for all-team conversations and announcements, and put a description of your team.
- Languages—Asana is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese.
- Rich text—Use rich text in larger text fields to make your message clear and organize your thoughts with numbered and bulleted lists.
- My Tasks—Plan your day with a prioritized to-do list.
- Inbox—Receive and filter notifications only for the projects, conversations, and tasks you’re following.
- List—The grid-like structure makes it easy to create, filter, and format tasks to actively collaborate with your team.
- Search—Find the work you need quickly, without having to organize it painstakingly.
- Saved advanced searches—Save searches based on specific criteria to help you find work again, or make assessments based on your search criteria.*
- Workload—Asana’s resource management feature provides a single view of team bandwidth. It helps you make informed staffing decisions and rebalance workloads if needed.†
- Calendars—See any list of tasks on a Calendar to get a clear view of when work is due.
- Files View—Find the project files you need quickly in a gallery view with all of the project’s attachments.
- Colorblind friendly mode—See the full Asana color palette clearly in colorblind friendly mode.
- Goals—Set, track, and manage company goals while connecting it to work to achieve it for a single source of truth for leads, executives, and individuals.
- Milestones—Make project goals clear and keep your team motivated by setting task milestones as key markers of progress.*
- Portfolios—Organize strategic initiatives and monitor the status of all your important projects as a list or on a timeline in one place.†
- Status updates—Craft a status update in seconds to share with relevant stakeholders and to populate Portfolios. You can also save update templates and utilize graphs from Dashboard to populate updates.*
- Dashboard—Provides custom real-time charts to help you understand where work may be blocked or off-track, with the ability to export charts.*
- Teams—Create teams to organize your projects and connect teammates with a shared calendar and conversations. You can also control team privacy settings.
- Followers—Add teammates as followers so they can follow along with work on the task and receive relevant notifications with task updates.
- Guests—Collaborate with vendors, contractors, and partners in Asana.
- Permissions—Limit access to any project, create hidden teams for sensitive work, or make public teams and projects for access by your entire organization.*
- Admin controls—Designate Organization admins who can add, remove, and manage members and their settings, and enforce password complexity. Asana Enterprise customers have additional controls with SAML and our Admin API.‡
- Privacy controls—Limit access to any project, create hidden teams for sensitive work, or make teams public.*
- Data security—Easily export or delete data from Asana, and have your data backed up on a separate server. Enterprise customers can also expect a 99.9% SLA uptime.‡
File creation and sharing
- Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box—Attach files directly to tasks with a built-in file chooser.
- Adobe Creative Cloud—See new tasks, share designs, and incorporate feedback delivered in Asana—all without leaving your Creative Cloud tools.†
- Slack—Move work forward faster by creating, completing, and editing tasks directly from Slack. When there are updates to tasks and projects in Asana, updates will automatically post to a Slack channel
- Asana for Gmail Add-on or Asana for Outlook—Turn emails with clients, customers, and teammates into actionable tasks that are tracked in Asana—without leaving your inbox.
- Zoom—Create or link to Zoom meetings right from an Asana task. When the meeting’s over, you’ll also have the transcript and recording attached in the task.
Other top integrations
- Google—Connect your Google Drive to Asana, log in with Google SSO or SAML, add tasks to Asana from any web page in Chrome, and more.
- Microsoft—Asana integrates with a suite of Microsoft tools like Teams, Office 365 and Outlook, OneDrive, and Power BI to ensure that your team can coordinate work effectively across your most essential tools.
- Salesforce—Drive better collaboration throughout your sales cycles by tracking follow-up work, automatically creating projects when customers reach key opportunity stages, and more.
- JIRA Cloud—Create a smooth two-way sync between Asana and JIRA to prevent duplicate work while keeping information where teams want to see it.
- Harvest—A built-in timer so you can track time on any task without leaving Asana.
*denotes Asana Premium feature.
†denotes Asana Business feature.
‡denotes Asana Enterprise feature.