Senior Staff Software Engineer, ProductSan FranciscoJetzt bewerben
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer (Area Tech Lead) to take on a key technical leadership role for a group of teams focused on building core product features. As an Area Tech Lead you’ll provide technical leadership to a group of 4+ cross-platform engineering teams comprising ~30-40 engineers. Some of the focus areas for these teams include: building real-time document collaboration (with operational transforms), helping users plan and prioritize their work across mobile & web, building Asana’s Desktop application, and scaling Asana’s notification delivery.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide technical leadership to 4+ product engineering teams focused heavily on building core product features
- Act as a technical partner to an Engineering Director and collaborate on – strategic engineering planning, roadmap sequencing, and prioritizing technical investments
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define area level upcoming projects and strategy
- Collaborate with front-line Engineering Managers on – creating growth opportunities for their reports, solutions to address technical skill gaps, and providing technical feedback on their reports
- Act as a resource for team-level tech leads on topics like longer-term technical planning, design & architecture, and prioritizing tech debt
- 7+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full-stack environment
- 2+ years of experience as a technical leader for multiple engineering teams.
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design/Data Science partners to manage risks, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans
- Previous experience as a technical leader for a group of cross-platform (web, iOS, Android) teams is a bonus
- Excited to work in a unique problem space that involves building powerful user-facing features on a variety of platforms.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Ability to debug off-track teams or projects when necessary
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.