Justin Rosenstein recently discussed the design opportunity at Asana on our blog. Read the post here.
Asana is a shared task list for teams that changes the way people work together. Our product is the single source of truth for the planning, organizing and communicating among those you work with - from entire companies to personal projects. We’re making Asana fast enough to feel like jotting notes in a text editor, and versatile enough to be used for simple lists to complex projects. Our vision for every group of people working together to organize themselves using Asana, in much the same way that email has become a universal communication tool.
On the design team, we take pride in the craft of building products: coming up with ideas, testing them against our users and our teammates across the company, creating polished design artifacts, and taking a leading role alongside our engineers in making sure our designs are well-implemented and bulletproof. Asana is a company of peers: you’ll work with people who come in every morning to decide what needs to be done to accomplish the goals we’ve all helped define, and then take ownership for the speed of the execution on those goals.
- A designer who is strong in all the skills needed to see a project through from concept to implementation. You will work through:
- understanding our users and everything they love and hate about managing work
- interaction design for a complex product
- visual design that will make users smile and keep coming back
- implementation details so that nothing gets left out
- Deep intuition for usability, but a willingness to let go of your instincts when proven incorrect
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses
- A strong portfolio including nuanced workflows and beautiful visual design applied to web-based or mobile apps
- The ability to hand-code HTML/CSS with ease
- Experience conducting usability studies
- Software engineering experience: commit design-related fixes directly into the codebase!
- Interest in tangential fields: typography, fine arts, ethnography, and psychology.
Meet Our Team
I've appreciated the opportunity to learn about so many aspects of the company from product to engineering to even culinary; especially since I work in Customer Support!
Asana calls equally on my capacities to love, to imagine, and to manifest. A heart-filled thanks to everyone here for nurturing my self-actualization. Except Mr. Office Killer Robot. He's a jerk.
People always says this, but it really is all about your team. Everyday I get to work with passionate, creative, whip-smart and above all, respectful, people. We're not perfect, but we're pretty darn close.
There are so many brilliant, creative people who are trying to improve the world—by working on the software that they use to stay organized, I can help all of them achieve their dreams.
I am excited to be at Asana because of the amazing team, interesting technologies, and the scope and value of the problem we are trying to solve.